Citrix has finally revealed their top secret news following the Synergy keynote in Barcelona. The new tool is called Citrix Auto Support and it is available to use now (an earlier version was known as TaaS).
Citrix Auto Support - The tool Citrix's support experts use is now open for all!
Citrix Auto Support is a simple, online troubleshooting platform and health-checker for any Citrix environment. It’s exactly the same tool that Citrix's tech support experts use every day to diagnose and fix hundreds of known issues. And now Citrix is making Citrix Auto Support available to all of their customers.
How does it work? An easy, 3-step process
1. Upload the log file – Just sign in with your Citrix ID (or create one, its free) and upload your log file.
2. Wait a few minutes – the file will be parsed and measured against hundreds of parameters. You’ll receive an email telling you that the results are ready.
3. Review the results –
- An easy red/amber/green list of issues and actions, such as:
- Known issue detection
- Best practice recommendations
- Existing patches
- System update information
- Crash dump analysis (for NetScaler)
- A snapshot of your entire environment
Servers, versions, settings, CPU usage, storage, etc.
Citrix Auto Support current works with:
XenServer, XenDesktop, NetScaler and now XenApp (beta).
Citrix Auto Support is free and waiting for your log file uploads. Give it a go.
Source: David McGeough
Citrix Auto Support Marketing Manager.
Let TRG International convince you that XenDesktop can be an investment worth making. Find out how