The first official release for your touch-enabled Win RT tablet or Windows 8 Pro device now on the Windows Store! It adds the ability to connect to XenApp Services and XenDesktop Services sites for Web Interface deployments, not just StoreFront enabled sites. Connections can be direct or through Access Gateway Enterprise Edition. We also added the ability to open ica files if you’re using browser access. And we shouldn’t overlook the ability to save your password, if allowed by server policy.
This version will be useable in more configurations.
Click here to try this version. It is still a good idea to ask your IT department if it can be used in your environment. IT managers can find details on configurations supported and settings at Citrix eDocs.
Here is what it provides:
- Secure access to virtual desktops and enterprise apps
- Secure access to Web and SaaS apps (requires CloudGateway Enterprise)
- Work anywhere on any Windows 8 computer or tablet
- Account configuration using your email address, a server URL, or a provisioning file
- Auto-provisioned applications
- Use one published app at a time, along with multiple Web and SaaS apps
- Automatic display of the keyboard when needed
- Use of native controls for selecting an item from a list
- Option to save your Receiver password if allowed by server
And more functionality is coming
Look for updates every few months. Among other improvements, we’ve started work on multi-touch, audio, session sharing (support for multiple sessions), follow me sessions (workspace control), and international language support.
Source: Citrix's Blog
Thank you for reading and look forward to your comments. Visit our website to find out more about Citrix Virtualisation Solutions.