High levels of equality, diversity, and inclusion have been proven to have numerous positive impacts on talent and HR management . Organisations that embrace diversity and foster an inclusive culture experience greater innovation, productivity, and performance. Moreover, they enjoy enhanced talent recruitment and retention rates, as diverse individuals are attracted to organisations that value their contributions and create a sense of belonging.
However, a recent report by the International Labour Organization (ILO)  has found that a startling number of individuals (one in four, to be precise) do not feel valued at work and that those who do feel valued tend to occupy senior positions. This staggering statistic highlights the need for organisations to do more to ensure that every individual feels valued and included, regardless of their position within the company.
To maximise the benefits of diversity and inclusion, organisations must ensure that every individual feels included and empowered to contribute their unique perspectives and talents. In addition to increased productivity, performance, and revenue, a focus on diversity and inclusion promotes workforce well-being and leads to higher levels of employee engagement and job satisfaction.
This is where Great People Inside, a pioneering global assessment platform, comes into play.
Measure behaviours and predict performance with Great People Inside assessments
Great People Inside is the first global science-based assessment platform  that focuses on creating and customising assessment and survey solutions to meet the diverse needs of organisations in attracting, assessing, selecting, developing, and retaining talent. The platform uses a science-based approach, employing data-driven assessments to measure potential and predict performance accurately.
With its vast array of 129 dimensions, Great People Inside allows organisations to create and customise assessments that focus on measuring and predicting behavioural categories within the workplace. Out of these dimensions, 12 have been identified as particularly relevant to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace culture while combating unconscious bias.
These dimensions are:
- Flexibility: This dimension assesses the ability to adapt to different environments, personalities, and working styles promptly. By embracing flexibility, organisations can create an environment where diverse perspectives are welcomed, and individuals feel empowered to bring their unique strengths to the table.
- Managing Generations: This dimension focuses on adopting a flexible management style that is adaptable to each generational typology, leveraging the characteristic strengths of different generations and promoting inter-generational collaboration. This approach encourages diverse generational perspectives and promotes inclusion.
- Leadership: Effective leadership involves guiding and directing a group of employees or an organisation, establishing a clear vision, and inspiring others to perform and achieve better results. In a diverse workforce, inclusive leadership is vital to create an environment where everyone feels valued and motivated.
- Connection to Others: This dimension measures the capacity to easily relate to people, foster a sense of belonging, and build and value interpersonal relationships. By nurturing connections and relationships, organisations can foster an inclusive culture where diverse individuals feel included and supported.
- Strategy: Anticipating future consequences and trends, recognising strategic opportunities for change, and developing competitive and innovative strategies are crucial aspects of this dimension. Incorporating diverse perspectives and insights into strategic planning ensures a well-rounded approach and enhances the effectiveness of diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Positive Thinking: Key components of this dimension include assessing situations in an optimistic and confident manner, identifying advantages or benefits, and expecting positive results. Positive thinking fosters a positive workplace culture and an inclusive environment where individuals are empowered to overcome challenges and contribute in their unique ways.
- Engagement: This dimension measures the tendency to exert maximum effort, dedication to organisational goals and values, and motivation to contribute to the organisation’s success. Fostering high levels of diversity and inclusion encourages individuals to feel motivated and committed to achieving common objectives.
- Personal Growth: Personal growth encompasses seeking development opportunities, actively engaging in giving and receiving feedback, and a sustained commitment to learning. Encouraging personal growth creates an environment where individuals can thrive and develop their skills, regardless of their background, age, or other characteristics that make them unique.
- Energy and Vitality: This dimension focuses on identifying internal and external resources to maintain physical and mental health. Prioritising employee health and well-being ensures a diverse workforce feels supported and can perform at their best.
- Cooperation: Building close social relationships based on trust, empathy, and mutual support is central to this dimension. Encouraging cooperation and collaboration among diverse individuals fosters an inclusive culture where teamwork and shared success are celebrated.
- Vision: Effective communication of a convincing vision that aligns with an organisation’s purpose is vital for fostering inclusion and driving success. A shared vision serves as a unifying force, bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Inspiring everyone to contribute towards a shared goal, a clear vision creates a sense of purpose and meaning for everyone involved.
- Teamwork: This dimension emphasises positive contributions to team efforts, support for others in reaching organisational goals, and fostering work relationships. Cultivating a culture of teamwork and collaboration enhances diversity and inclusion by valuing the contributions of every individual and creating a sense of belonging.
By analysing the data gathered from these dimensions, organisations can gain valuable insights into the current state of their workforce and identify areas that require targeted training and development. This data-driven approach allows organisations to address disparities and promote diversity and inclusion in a systematic and informed manner.
Effective training programs can be designed to improve habits, foster positive thinking, and support a diverse workforce. Moreover, Great People Inside’s people intelligence platform enables organisations to leverage quantifiable data from employee reports, allowing for comparative analysis and continuous improvement in future hiring and development processes.
In today’s digital age, where organisations are under constant public scrutiny on social media and other platforms, prioritising effective training to enhance workforce habits and foster workplace diversity and inclusion becomes a fundamental requirement for maintaining transparency.
The comprehensive assessment capabilities of Great People Inside provide organisations with data-driven insights into their workforce, enabling them to identify gaps in diversity and inclusion and develop strategies to address them. By developing strategies based on these insights, organisations can drive positive change and cultivate a work environment that embraces and celebrates individual differences, leading to enhanced productivity, performance, collaboration, and overall success.
1. Wong, K. (2020) ‘Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace: Benefits and Challenges’, Achievers, 14 September. Available at: https://www.achievers.com/blog/diversity-and-inclusion/ (Accessed: 3 July 2023).
2. ILO (2022), ‘Greater progress on diversity and inclusion essential to rebuild productive and resilient workplaces’, ILO, 6 April. Available at: https://www.ilo.org/global/about-the-ilo/newsroom/news/WCMS_841085/lang--en/index.htm (Accessed: 3 July 2023).
3. Great People Inside (2019) ‘12 Dimensions to Building Great People for a Diverse and Inclusive Culture’, Great People Inside, 7 January. Available at: https://greatpeopleinside.com/usa/12-dimensions-to-building-great-people-for-a-diverse-and-inclusive-culture/ (Accessed: 4 July 2023).