On April 24th, the monthly TRG Talk - Talent Management with a very attractive and practical topic: "Self-awareness – Foundation of Raising Business Performance". This useful seminar was led by speaker Tran Do Dang Khoa - Business Development Manager, TRG International, had opened many opportunities for participants to explore more of this skill.
At the beginning, Mr. Khoa voiced his opinion in which the need for a 2018 assessment is currently changing. In more details, the need of Leadership Assessment tools for L&D purposes, as well as the need for a suitable Succession Planning has gradually increased. Each company will have a different set of leadership capability assessments, but the most common one is “leading yourself”. Khoa demonstrated the following formula:
Self-awareness + Positive Thinking + Critical Thinking + Slight Edge = Leading Yourself
How do you define "self-awareness"?
Self-awareness is defined based on three questions:
- Where are you? Determining “where” is extremely important to individuals and is even more important to the businesses.
- Where you want to be? To answer this question, we need to figure out the Mission and Vision.
- How to get there? Based on our Mission and Vision, we will set Goals and Actions to achieve what we want.
Mr. Khoa then proceed to explain various methods to measure and improve self-awareness skill for both individuals and businesses:
- Build the right attitude (reading inspirational book, writing diary, collecting feedback from people around you, attending people development talk, etc.)
- Apply knowledge (analysing the differences between self- and other- ratings, writing down all the thoughts, feelings, and actions in a hierarchical order that leads to the core issue, read them after a period of time, etc.)
- Keep practising (reminding yourself of your goals, noticing all your changes and find out the reason why, never letting your guard down, etc.)
About TRG Talk
TRG Talk is a series of events co-organised by TRG International and PJ’s Coffee Vietnam in order to promote the latest trends in not only the IT industry but also other rising and upcoming notions in the HR world, tips and trick in improving your project management skills, at the same time provide a meeting place for the CGMA, ACMA and FCMA community.
About TRG Talk – Talent
Is your organisation caught in various problems revolve around talent management? Are you actively looking for ways to efficiently as well as effectively recruit and retain talented staff? TRG Talk - Talent series is a platform where all leaders can openly share their experience in managing talents, how to create and maintain a healthy working environment where everyone of any background, belief, and identity can work harmoniously.
TRG Talk - Talent is held every fourth Wednesday of the month.
Never miss an event like this again! Simply subscribe to our blog or by clicking the below link to always stay updated!