Infor SunSystems, among the first Infor’s products hosted in the cloud, is about to have some more major upgrades: smoother integration with other systems, better security, and functional enhancements.
The upcoming changes were revealed at the Infor Financials Customer Day last week in London at the Stock exchange by Tariq Hawa, Product Manager of SunSystems. The event included presentations about solutions like Infor SunSystems, Infor Expense Management, Infor Birst, Infor Treasury Management, Infor Enterprise Management Asset (EAM) and Infor d/EPM.
Infor OS and Infor SunSystems 6.4
The most noticeable change is SunSystems is now part of Infor OS – the next-generation enterprise technology platform. This means the solution will be able to better integrate with a host of other Infor’s products such as Infor Birst, Infor HCM, Infor HMS (Hospitality Management) and Infor CRM.
Infor recently acquired the BI software vendor Birst in order to provide its customers with a cloud-based enterprise-wide solution. For many SunSystems’ customers, it means they can start adopting a modern BI tool instead of relying on spreadsheets for data analytics.
In another sign of SunSystems’ increasing importance to Infor, the development of the reporting tool Infor Q&A will again be assigned to the SunSystems development team.Read more: SunSystems Cloud – The future finance management solution
Additional updates for Infor SunSystems 6.4 may include:
- Additional procurement enhancements: Includes work delegation, email notifications, Invoice work queues and extending approvals through ION Desk for purchase orders and invoices.
- Intercompany postings: The ability to generate intercompany company postings across business units. These can also be carried out directly through the Ledger entries or Sales order functions. There is also the ability to transfer inventory between companies
- 64-bit support: This is the first 64-bit version of Infor SunSystems and helps with scalability of the product.
- Infor API adoption for Infor OS: This includes integration with Coleman AI. This first phase will add chat-based queries for certain tasks. It will also add the ability for customers to create Apps using Mongoose and API’s.
Security will also be significantly bolstered in future SunSystems releases. Infor OS provides a common security model for an increasing number of its solutions including:
- Single sign-on
- Security settings by Users/Roles/Groups
- Auditing and Monitoring
- Risk & Compliance
Infor even employs an ethical hacking team whose sole job is trying to break into the Infor systems.
Infor in recent years has focused heavily on industry-specific ERP suites. But at the same time, it continues to offer solid line-of-business applications such as SunSystems, Infor XM, and Infor HCM. Now with Infor OS and Infor ION, these systems can seamlessly be integrated with Infor’s ERP offerings or ERP systems from other major vendors.
For more a more up-close experience with Infor SunSystems, you can request a free software demo by clicking the button below.